Thursday, April 8, 2010

Read-a-Thon

It's almost time for the read-a-thon!
If you'd like to participate, there's still time to sign up.
It starts at 5 a.m. Pacific this Saturday.
Click on the picture for more info.

You don't have to read for the entire 24 hours.
You are allowed to sleep and take breaks.

I must say right now that I will not be starting early in the morning. I have insomnia, so it will be no problem for me to stay up all night reading, but I absolutely cannot wake up early enough for the start time. I guess that means I'll be using my sleep time at the beginning of the read-a-thon instead of at the end. :-)

My children will also be participating. I don't think they will read the entire time, but they will be reading for a large part of the day.

We will be blogging our progress on this blog.

Here are our reading lists:

Mine
The Help- Kathryn Stockett
At the moment I have read about 25% of it.

Death of an Outsider- M.C. Beaton
I am currently on page 48 of 148.

My goal is to finish these two books and then start (and hopefully finish) something from my TBR pile.


My 14 year old son
The Yellow Feather Mystery (Hardy Boys)
He is about half way into it.

Robinson Crusoe
He's already read it twice, but wants to read it again.
It's his favorite.

Warriors #1 - Into the Wild
Warriors #2- Fire and Ice

My 10 year old daughter
Emily Windsnap and the Monster from the Deep- Liz Kessler
Emily Windsnap and the Castle in the Mist
This series is about a girl who finds out she is really a mermaid.
DD's already read the first in the series and has read a little of the second book

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Children's Illustrated Classics edition)

Nancy Drew Notebooks- The Apple Bandits, and Alien in the Classroom

My 13 year old son
He does not like to read.
This makes me sad.

However, he will be participating as well.
He bought a large collection of "Goosebumps" books from Ebay.
He will be reading some of these.

It's not my favorite choice, but at least he reads them.



I can't wait for Saturday!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that your kids are participating as well! :) I'll probably be starting late too. I'm not a morning person but I can stay up late.

Rachel said...

I read a lot of Goosebumps among other things when I was young and I turned out ok! :) I think you are right, as long as he is reading anything then thats all that matters!

Goodluck with the read-a-thon. I am participating for the first time and am looking forward to it.