Friday, April 9, 2010

Setting the Mood

It's time to start reading!!

At least it is for us. ;-)

We are night owls.
It's much easier for us to stay up late reading than to wake up at the crack of dawn to start.

We officially started at 11 p.m.

We will read until we fall asleep (which I expect to be about 3 a.m.), then we'll
resume when we wake tomorrow.


Before I start, I like to set the mood.

My favorite time to read is on a rainy night.
Unfortunately, it isn't raining at the moment, so I will listen a recording
of a rain storm on my iPod while I'm reading.

I do this quite regularly.
I like the cozy feeling it produces, and it helps to drown out any noise that
may distract from my reading.


I also don't like harsh overhead lights while I'm reading, so I use my trusty Energizer headlight.
It's the best!

I am going to be reading in the living room.
For some reason, I can't read comfortably in bed.
So, I am going to curl up on the sofa with my pillows and a comfy quilt
for the remainder of the night.

DD is beginning with "Nancy Drew notebooks: Alien in the Classroom."
She is on page 38 at the moment.

C (14 y.o. son) is currently reading The Yellow Feather Mystery.
He's on page 69.

I am going to begin reading a chapter or two in the book of James (the Message translation),
then move on to "The Help."

I will be updating our progress through the night.

1 comment:

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

I'm impressed! Great reading plan! Have fun and good luck!