Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Yada Yada Prayer Group


385 pages

First Sentence:
I didn't really want to go to the "women's conference" the first weekend in May.

I liked this book.
I am surprised that I liked it, to be honest.
I thought it was going to be a lot of fluff, but it isn't.

It is a fun book, but it also tackles some serious issues and gives you a few things to think about.

I'd recommend it. :-)

From an Amazon review:
The "Yada Yada Prayer Group" is a diverse group of women thrown together to pray during the Chicago Women's conference. But when one of the women's sons is shot while they are still at the conference, they band together to pray round the clock. When the conference comes to a close they discover that they don't want their prayer group to end. While at first they try to keep it going via email, they soon find it is worth the extra effort to meet in person.


Last sentence:
Lifting my face and with awkward grace, on one leg and two crutches, I began to dance.


2008 total: 10
Pages read: 4,819


4 comments:

kardel said...

This book is on my list too. There are some sequels to this book. Would you read the rest of the series now that you've read this one?

Bitsy (aka Elizabeth) said...

The Yada Yada series is one of my favorite! I highly recommend the sequels. Bitsy

Wifey said...

I love this series! I thought it would be a lot of fluff, too, but all the books deal with some tough issues.

Gretchen said...

Sometimes through the fluff we see ourselves. :O) I'm looking forward to reading this series. Thanks for the review.