Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Quite a Year for Plums


111 pages

This book actually has 220 pages, but I didn't finish it.

I like Bailey White.
I loved "Mama Makes Up Her Mind" and "Sleeping at the Starlite Motel."
When I saw this one on Paperback Swap, I snatched it up right away.

Well.

I wish I hadn't.

This book is the worse I have read in a long time. Possibly the worse book I've ever read.
It is excruciatingly boring and confusing.
There is no plot..... unless you count endless facts and discussions about chickens a plot.

There is a character list at the beginning of the book.
I had to look back at it at least twenty times (no kidding)
There were a lot of characters and they weren't introduced in any way in the novel (except for the character list).
They didn't have any distinguishing traits or anything to tell them apart- except by looking back at the character list.
There is almost no descriptions of anything at all.

I hated this book.
Hated. it.

2008 total: 9
pages read: 4,434

No comments: