Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Loose Change Book Fund

We've started a new thing at our house.
The Loose Change Book Fund.
lol
We've decided to use all our our loose change to buy books.
What better way to put all of that change to use?
From now on, all loose change goes directly into the book fund box.

Yesterday the kids rolled up a TON of loose change.
We ended up with $104!

We spent the evening shopping on Amazon.
Amazon rocks, btw!
Most of their books qualify for free shipping, and a lot of the kids' books qualify for their "4-for-3" discounts.
Our total before the discounts was $106.
After the 4-for-3 discounts, the total was $91.
And that's not including the free shipping.
I *heart* Amazon.

Here are the books we ordered:

For Read-Aloud:
The Spiderwick Chronicles (all 5 hardbacks in a box set for $30)

For L (8 years old):
Nancy Drew & the Clue Crew (a Nancy Drew series for younger girls)
#5: Case of the Sneaky Snowman
#6: The Fashion Disaster
#8: Lights, Camera.....Cats!
#10: Ticket Trouble
Lucy the Diamond Fairy- Daisy Meadows

For M (10 years old):
Secret Agent Jack Stalwart:
#3: The Caper of the Crown Jewels
#4: The Mystery of the Mona Lisa
Shredderman (a mystery / spy series):
#2: Attack of the Tagger
#3: Meet the Gecko
#4 Enemy Spy

For C (12 years old)
Dance of the Hours (Pirates of the Caribbean Young Jack Sparrow series #9)
Warriors, book 2: Fire and Ice
Guardians of Ga'Hoole boxed set #1-4 (sort of like Warriors, but with Owls instead of cats)

I know it seems like odd numbers, but they already have the previous books in the series they've ordered.

As you might note, I didn't order any books for myself.
I have decided that I will use paperback swap for my books.
In the past I felt guilty using the points for myself when I could be using them to get books for the kids or even school books.
No more of that.
I'm tired of reading whatever the library happens to have on hand (and our library sucks, I think I may have mentioned that once or twice before ;-))

So from now on it will be good books for everyone!

Until Next Time.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Franacropan said...

I'm working my way through the Agatha Raisins and I haven't read this one yet. Sounds like one to just pick up at the library or swap rather than buy it. I like listening to them as an audio book as well while I am cooking or baking. Penelope Keith does some good voices.