Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Goodbye, Mr. Chips- James Hilton

115 pages

I was reading Saint by Ted Dekker.
I was having a really hard time getting into it.

I read the amazon reviews, and I found out that Saint is actually the second book in a series.
The book jacket said nothing of a series, if I had known I wouldn't have checked it out.

The reviews were mixed- most people said the beginning is good but it falls apart in the end. I had already read the good part? Really?

It wasn't worth the effort to continue so, 150 pages into it, I decided to give up on it.


I wasn't in the mood for a long book, so I grabbed the first short book in my TBR pile.
It was "Goodbye, Mr. Chips."
I cannot believe I have gone this long without reading it.
It is, after all, a classic.
I liked it.
I really liked it.
I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob. (sorry, couldn't resist ;-))
It was quite a story.


2008 total: 7
pages read: 3665

No comments: