Tuesday, February 11, 2014

I Don't Want to Be Crazy- Samantha Schutz

"A harrowing, remarkable poetry memoir about one girl’s struggle with anxiety disorder"
This book is very good. I read it in one day.  I couldn’t put it down.  Some parts were hard to read because I’ve felt most of the feelings and experiences she described. I’ve even had many of the same dreams she writes about. Reading about them brings back those feelings. If you’re still recovering from an anxiety disorder or recent attack I would avoid this book until you’re feeling better.  It is extremely triggering.
If you don’t have an anxiety disorder and just want to learn more of what it feels like, this book will do that.  
This is not a book of poetry.  However, it is written in a poetic style.  It feels as though you’re reading someone’s journal. I have much respect for Ms. Schutz for being brave enough and strong enough to write this book. 

Book 4 of 2014

No comments: