Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Well, once again, I've failed miserably at keeping up with this blog.
I can't believe I haven't updated since August.
I guess this will be a catch-up post, and then I'll try to keep up with it from now on.
I read 37 books in 2013.  My goal was 35.

This is what I read since last time:
December
  • Plum Pudding Murder- JoanneFluke  (hated it- I am DONE with this series.  All they do is eat and the mysteries aren't very good)
  • The Eyes Have It- Philip K Dick (lol)
  • Allegiant- Veronica Roth  (I wasn't expecting it to end like that.  It was a very good series, though.)
  • The Defenders- Philip K Dick 
  • The Seven Dials Mystery- Agatha Christie
November
  • Angels & Demons- Dan Brown 
October
  • Piper in the Woods- Philip K Dick
  • The Hanging Stranger- Philip K. Dick (loved it)
  • Agatha Raisin & the Vicicous Vet
  • The Book of Awesome
  • Embroidered Truths- Monica Ferris

I ended up reading 37 books last year.  My goal was 35. 
I’m usually not very good at keeping reading goals.  I make lists, but a lot of times I won’t feel like reading what’s on the list, so I read something else.  If I set a number goal, I often feel too pressured to meet the goal so I read shorter books instead of books that I really want to read.  So this year, for the first time since 2004, I am not setting a reading goal!  Whoo hoo!  I must admit, that feels quite freeing.  :)
However, I am making a list of books I would like to read this year.  
  • finish Wool series
  • catch up on Louise Penny’s series
  • The Hobbit / LOTR trilogy 
  • Philip K. Dick
  • read my B&N Classics, esp. H.P. Lovecraft
  • Inferno- Dan Brown
  • Below Stairs
  • The Bell Jar
It’s not a very long list, and I’m pretty sure I won’t read everything on it (and probably lots that aren’t on it), but it’s a good starting point.

No comments: