Saturday, January 26, 2008

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix



870 pages

This is definitely my least favorite of all the HP books I've read so far. I did not like it.

It was longer than it needed to be. Actually, all we really needed were the last 100 pages or so. It was actually boring in a few spots.

There was no huge encounter with Voldemort as in the the previous books (although the book leads you to believe that there will be). There is an encounter, but it is not nearly as dramatic as in the previous installments. I find it hard to believe Voldemort would just disappear so easily.

I found myself getting frustrated that the adults wouldn't tell Harry what was going on. It would have prevented a tragedy.

However, towards the end of the book Dumbledore explained to Harry why he didn't tell him - and then he comes clean with everything, incuding exactly why Voldemort came after Harry when he was a baby, and why Dumbledore kept him (Harry) in the dark so often.

I hope the next book redeems itself.

2008 total: 3

Total Pages read: 1,826

No comments: